Sunday, September 24, 2006

Govardhana Parikrama

9/24/06

After being in Vrindavana for approximately 2 ¾ months, we finally went on Govardhana parikrama. The cool thing was that we were able to go with H.H. Mahanidi Swami. We went to Radha-Kund last night, and Mahraj gave a nice class, and we slept out on his veranda there. He is so nice and simple, that he was serving us Prasad last night. We woke up, and started parikrama just after 4 this morning, and started rolling. Mahraj walks faster than anyone I know…including my dad, so keeping up with him is quite a task. He stopped at a few places and gave nice talks about the different holy sites around Govardhan which was nice because the way he puts it was different from anything else you hear. Anyway, we finished in about 4.5 hours, and by the time he finished, more than ¾ of the group had tailed off. Afterwards, we had the opportunity to bathe in Radha Kunda, and then headed back to Vrindavan.

Chaitanya


By the way…I had my first monkey encounter today. At Radha-Kunda (where the monkeys are not supposed to be so bad…. By Gopal-Bhatta Goswami’s Samadhi or Bhajan Kutir (I can’t remember which) a monkey approached me slowly, and seeing that I didn’t have anything he would be interested in, decided my dhoti was good enough, and gave it two tugs (nothing happened though…). After that, he backed off, and I shooed him away….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

keep updating, love ur posts