Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Amul: First Post from Vrindavan

Amul Sutaria
Vrindavan Days 2006

So, here we are, it’s been 3 days in Vraj and I am already missing my family and friends. Classes start tomorrow, so I am hoping that studying will take up a lot of my time. Because the less time to think about home the better.
We have this portable speaker system that Chai brought from home and it connects to our Ipods. The funny thing about that is that it’s not Aindra prabhu we listen to. As some of you may or may not know, a good amount of the NJ boys are completely obsessed with Aindra prabhu’s kirtans. Since Aindra is “right downstairs” as Damodar put it, we don’t listen to his tracks. On the other hand we listen to such tracks as Avatar studios P-sena Kirtans and Ragunandan’s CD. It’s amazing in the US we listen to Vrindavan kirtans and in Vrindavan we listen to US kirtans. A funny realization!
We all are chanting 16 rounds now (I still have a few left for today though). It’s great to be solely focused on sadhana. Hearing and chanting is not only something you do on the side anymore, it’s one of our main services now. I pray that I can keep it up in the USA when I get back.
Although everything with us is fine, a downside of KB temple is that there’s a whole lot of politics between devotees. I heard something like the new management is trying to kick out some bramhacharis or something like that. I don’t like to dabble in politics and such but I almost always get this bad vibe around certain devotees. More recently I have been keeping to myself and devotees I know very well. As my sister said, if you make offenses in the Dham, you’ll be “finished”.
Speaking of my sister, she wrote me a letter to read on the plane to India. I read this letter every day to remind me of why I am here in the Dham and what I should be doing. It definitely keeps me on track. I am thanking Radhe-Shyam everday for giving me a sister who’s definitely a modern day saint. Watch out Mother Urmila!
Radhey asked me to write something funny if anything like that came across. Well, across from the temple they play this Hare Krishna techno pop track that some devotees put out. No more “radhe radhe rato chale ainge bihari”. This new song is by far the most entertaining Hare Krishna techno I have ever heard. It sounds like something out of a disco-tek. It was such a hit amongst my roommates that Chai went and bought the CD. We plan on blasting it in NJ when we get back. Also big ups to all the Krishnautix fans out thurr too…ya’ll know who you are..HAHA.
Alright I gota go, if your thinking of coming to Vrindavan for Kartik (cough VBD cough) pleaasseee come, I need to see a familiar face! RADHE RADHE, im out.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are having fun. Only a couple of days and experiencing so much! We had Sunday Cooking two days ago. You probably got the link but I don't know which email addresses you all are using so just in case you didn't get the link i'll put the link of the pics here...this way you can see some familiar faces.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/nimaim108/
my_photos

we remember and miss you guys, especially sunday feast kirtans.

Anonymous said...

hey guys.

glad to see that you're doing well there. i'm suprised to hear about all the politics that's happening at KB temple, and that's a shame. don't let that effect you, and stay away from devotees that don't want you there. it isn't worth it.

while you're in vrindaban, make sure you hit some stores like the deity store. i honestly don't know what you could possibly need from there at this time, but it's always fun there for a reason... probably cause of the name.... weird.

hope you all are doing fine, and i hope to see from all of you soon.

gopal

Anonymous said...

heyy bffl,Haribol!
good to know u guys have blended in nicely! i have the right to say i miss u as well since technically i havent seen u in a while! ahah..oh and rmr to call me wen u get a chance to come here..wenever it may be...its cool!...but yea i believe ur first school day was today as well!..so how was it?!...hope it went well and u knew wat was goin on =P.
anyway ttyl
take care
-ananyaa

Anonymous said...

Nice nice. I happy to see you guys are safe. I really wanted to come this summer to chill you guys for a month but I can't right now : |

Anyway, i'll see you guys in Decemeber, and amul- steal some butterz for meh while your in Vrindavan :)

Anonymous said...

Nice nice. I happy to see you guys are safe. I really wanted to come this summer to chill you guys for a month but I can't right now : |

Anyway, i'll see you guys in Decemeber, and amul- steal some butterz for meh while your in Vrindavan :)

OwNaGe

you can't edit THE FREKIN POST

Anonymous said...

Hey Amul!!!

I'm so happy to hear from you. I miss u a lot, but i'm glad u're there. the plane ride was ok? did u get over jet-lag? how's the weather there? how are YOU? WRite about your first day of class...i'm really interested how BS is going to be. write to me if u get time. i just came back from dc rathyatra with vbd, and the moms. there was a huge storm at the end. vbd was in the Q&A booth doing an incredible job. i'll write more later. love u!

Anonymous said...

yo bring that techno cd here, so i can put it on my myspace!

Anonymous said...

yo bring that techno cd here, so i can put it on my myspace!

Anonymous said...

yo bring that techno cd here, so i can put it on my myspace!


~RadHEY

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chaitanya!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chai

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chai

- Radhey

Anonymous said...

Is Damodar there? I want to hear from him. I want Damodar!

-A fan

Anonymous said...

maa dhkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk






-OwNaGe