Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Market......Vrindavan Style

7/3/06
Can you think of something you most direly need? Dhoti, kurta, sari, bead bag, tv, new dvd player, getting your old dvd player fixed, the list goes on and on and on and on……(you get the point). Well book your plane ticket to India, and car to Vrindavan, because Loi Bazaar is the place to go. I was surprised at what you could find here, in the middle of Vrindavan. On one hand I was looking at bicycle rickshaws, hand pushed carts which fruits were sold on, and then I go into the appliance store, and boom….23 inch flat screen tv’s playing the newest Indian music video or the ongoing cricket match. Vrindavan continues to amaze me, in the way that it is so, “old school”, yet here I am typing on a laptop, and I will be posting this on the blog tomorrow, in the internet cafĂ© across from the temple. By the way…Aindra Prabhu’s kirtan today was once again unbelievable. Good Night…. 10:25 PM.

Chaitanya

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAri Bol Chaitanya
Glad to see your are doing fine - hope you have a nice Bday!!!
Vrndavan is always amazing- even the monkey are amazing.
How was first day of class?? Let us know your schedules.

Enjoy and please do my pranams to radha shyam sundar, and all other vrndavan deities - ie radharaman, bunke bihari , radha vallabh

luv
mum