Saturday, March 17, 2007

Separation



Been feeling separation from Vrindavan lately. Something in the city always sparks my memory of Vraj, whether its a smell, sight, or just a thought. I am noticing how much an affect that place had on me. Thats my meditation during book distribution, to try to show people Vrindavan. Thats what Srila Prabhupada did. He showed everyone Vrindavan. He was staying at Radha Damodar and could have stayed there but he was so merciful to come to America. He wanted to show the fallen people of America, Vrindavan. I always find so much inspiration in that. Some things i miss in/about Vrindavan:
1. The smells, good and bad. I didnt like them then but i would do to smell flowers or vrindavan's dirt again!!!
2. Srila Prabhupada's samadhi, such a special place to sit and chant.
3. Vraj Mandal Parikrama, what an amazing experience.
4. Aindra's Kirtans, self explanatory.
5. Radha Kund, the most holy place.
6. Nitai Gaura, Radhe Syam, Krishna Balaram!
7. the goswami's temples, i didn't visit them enough.
8. My bhakti sastri class friends and jokes. they were the best!
9. Guru Puja at Krishna Balaram Mandir. Always so ecstatic!
10. Bhakti Sastri trips (Goverdhan, Varsana, etc.)

Anyways, book distribution has been good. Some days I do really well, and the next day i am puffed up and not many books go out. Its been up and down. I need to learn to be a good instrument in the hands of the acaryas and also be detached. Slowly but surely i am learning. Wish me luck. Sankirtan Yajna ki jay.

fallen servant,
amul

7 comments:

Bhakti lata said...

hey amul, just wanted to let you know that i have a direct link on my homepage to visit your and vbd's blog :) keep up the adventures and realizations. - bhakti

Vineet said...

Hey Amul,

How's that knife wound doing? Anyway, I read something recentlya nd thought of you:

One time in Bhagavatam class Jayadwaita Swami said that everyone should be a brahmcari for their whole life, and if you can't do that then at least for 10 years, if not ten, then at least 5 years, or at least 1 year. If you can't do that then at least 6 months, if you can't do that then at least be a brahmcari for 1 day. Then at the end of class someone asked, "Maharaja, What is the point of being a brahmcari for 1 day?" Maharaj replied, "Because you will be able to look back at that one day and think, 'that was the best day of my life.'"

(I stole that from Gauranga Kishore prabhu's blog)

Anonymous said...

luma

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am going to be in Vrindhavan in Sept 07 during the Janmasthami celebrations. I am excited and nervous. This is my first trip there all by myself. Although I have a faint recollection of being in Mathura as a kid with my parents, many years ago. I am looking at spending 7 days in Vrindhavan chanting and visiting temples. Would the three of you have any other tips for me? Would any of you be there as well?
Regards,
Manoj

Anonymous said...

missing old days...i hope to hear more from you... is rare to create deep relationships with some one; so close like brothers...hoping you do good in school, blog your thoughts more often...
always speak about vrindavan and your yearning to go back and in that way may love for that holy place may arise and manifest in my heart.
see you my friend
omi

Sanjeev said...

oh....VRIDNDAVAN.......

Anonymous said...

Hare Krishna.