Saturday, November 11, 2006

Amul: Chowpatty

After a long trainride from A-bad i finally reached Mumbai central. I didnt know how i was going to get to the temple, but i thought i would just take a taxi. As i struggled to get my two huge bags out of the train, i saw him. A devotee!!! he had come to pick me up by the order of HG Gauranga prabhu. I was so happy and relieved.
We got to the temple around 11 pm and they gave me a room, a really nice one. It was next to Srutakirti prabhu, i could hear him sometimes. It felt awkward to have such a nice room next to a really senior devotee, but i wasnt complaining.
I got up late the next day and just made it for darsan arati. Funny thing was i didnt know the temple room was on the 2nd floor. So i was looking for a while and then finally got the courage to ask someone, they said it was upstairs. duh! Darsan arati was beautiful, the dieites came to life, because i had only seen them in picture before. I saw Gauranga prabhu and so many bramhacharis. Thats what struck me, so many bramhacharis. So many devotees! That is real opulence a temple has. Devotees.

let me just say that his magesty Vyenkata Bhatta das is like the most popular american around here. If i'm talking to a devotee, and i wanna really spur a conversation, i say (ive used this many times already). "so..yea my brother in law was here before, do you know him? his name is Vyenkata Bhatta das." The devotee who im talking to, his face would light up like a light bulb, ::indian accent:: "vat?! you are vyenkata prabhus brother in law, wow!!! hes a great devotee, awesome, funny , blah blah blah south indian yatra blah blah." HAHAHAHAH.... Vbd if your reading this...i got the "in" yo, cuz of you!

so anyways, i went to a preaching program at IIT with Gauranga prabhu the 2nd night i was here. I played mrdanga for him, it was really awesome. Gauranga prabhu is really looking after me and making sure im doing okay. IIT is where all the brainiacs are from, mad smart people. He gave a really nice lecture about Srila Prabhupada and something else that i cant remember. Then we had arati and prasadam.

oh i almost forgot, HG Bhavananda prabhu was here, and he gave SB class yesterday morning. Hes really funny and tells awesome Prabhupada stories. He left today.

Srutakiriti prabhu gave SB class this morning, it was amazing. He told the most sweet stories of his pastimes with Srila Prabhupada...man it was so nice.

I moved out of my luxury room today, into the ashram. There are so guys here from psena london, chirag and a few others. The ashram is nice, i am getting to know more devotees.

So i am just trying to soak up some good association and improve my sadhana. This is definately the best place to do it.

i am def. not going to travel in india alone again. Its really boring and lonely. well, now i know so i wont make that mistake again.

Sometimes when im idle, i miss home more than ever. Im on the home stretch, the last month. I am so eager to meet my friends and family again. But i have to hold on, im almost there! i dont wanna ruin my last month here. focus amul focus!

anyways, im out, thats whats up on my side...

jay sri radhe - never forget

a.s.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome awesome man....and after all that hassling by Gauranga Prabhu you were finally able to go...nice

Anonymous said...

awesome awesome man....and after all that hassling by Gauranga Prabhu you were finally able to go...nice

Anonymous said...

amul, since you're there. can you bring back some pizzas from Govinda's? hahaha.

Namarasa das said...

aksh,
when did gauranga prabhu hassle me? i actually hassled him, i wanted to go there!

pragz,
dude, the govindas here is freakin amazing!!!!! ill only bring some back if you bring me donuts from the donut plant! lol.

Anonymous said...

yo man remember when he came here like 4 times...every time he told us to visit..well at least he hassled me....lol