Wednesday, December 12, 2007

2 Days to Go.....

Hari Hari. As I sit here studying for an exam that I want absolutely no part of (when you think of it, is there ever an exam that you are ever excited for?), I remembered that I had not posted to the blog today. Amul suggested I let everyone know what I've been up to since coming back from India (Just about 1 year ago...time really flies). Well, I've been in college, slaving away and studying, but never forgetting about Vrindavana. Enough about me, and more about Vrindavana.
To the left I have posted a picture of deities in Vrindavana, the question is, what deities are they, are they one of the main deities of Sri Vrindavan Dham. I know, but I'll tell you tommorrow, until then, please leave your guesses in the comments section.

To the right I have posted a picture of Vamsivat, the first place Caitanya Mahaprabhu went when he visited Vrindavana. This is also where the original deity of Gopinath was found. Unfortunately Gopinath is no longer in Vrindavana, but Gopinath's temple can be found among the back streets of Jaipur. I almost forgot, Vamsivat is the place where the Maha Rasa-Lila took place on Sarad Purnima (which many of us know as the first day of Kartika). Thanks for checking in, and remember to leave some comments. Check back for a new post tommorrow. Radhe

Chaitanya

3 comments:

Jahnavi said...

Radha Brajmohan? I might be cheating since I was just in Vrindavan :P

Vijay Teli said...

Shri Shri Radha Vraja Mohana deities of Narottam das Thakur, when i finally make it to the dham these deities are at the top of my isit to have darshan of. Thanks for the beautiful pic of them.

mmistry said...

shri shri Radha BRajmohan. yes i cheated, even though i haven't been to vrindavan, i just saved the pic and it saved with tis name. hope you trip goes awsome