Thursday, December 13, 2007

24 Hours or so....

In about 24 hours or so, I should be in a FinnAir Jet bound for the holy dham of .....Helsinki? Well, I guess Helsinki's not a holy dham, but it is a stepping stone on the way to Vrindavan (or in my case a 6 hour layover). Yesterday I asked what deities I had posted a picture of, and yes, people correctly gave me the name of those deities, Sri Sri Radha Vraja-Mohan, the worshipful deities of Srila Narottama dasa Thakur. The story of these deities is awesome, but that's for another day (its really long, and I don't remember a lot of the important details).
Currently, I'm about 470 miles from New Jersey, which means I'll be spending a wonderful evening in my car, and I'll try and listen to the story of Sri Sri Radha Vraja-Mohan en-route...

I have posted a picture of the wonderful temple of Radha Madana Mohan. For those of you who have not been to Vrindavana, this temple is famous among ISKCON devotees for its presence on the back of the "I left my Heart in Vrindavana" t-shirts. The temple was built by a merchant who's salt vessel was stuck in the Yamuna, and who prayed to Madana-Mohan to free the vessel so he could sell his salt. Srila Madana-Mohan were first moved to Jaipur for safekeeping, and then later to Karoli, which is where Madana Mohan is today. I'll try and throw up one more post before leaving tommorrow.

Jaya Sri Radhe

Chaitanya

1 comment:

Gauranga Kishore Das said...

that's awesome that you guys are coming to Vrindavan, I hope to see you here (Govardhana), but I might also make it out to Vrindavan, give me a call when you get settled in 9358136738.