Saturday, December 15, 2007

What Happened to Saturday?

Haribol.....After a nice stay in the Airport in Helsinki, it was a breezy 6.5 hour flight on to Delhi. Upon arrival, what was the first thing I noticed.....yea..you guessed it...the smell of India. Its like someone took a bottle of "New Car Smell", switched it with "India smell", and sprays it all over the jetway to greet new travelers. Otherwise it was smooth getting out of the airport, and we arrived here at my fathers god-brothers house at a modest 3AM. Here are some other miscallaneous travel notes:



  • The plane I boarded to India had a big logo painted on it which said "FinnAir, the Official Airline of Santa Claus." It covered one whole side of the plane....just kind of amusing. (Apparently, Finnish people claim the Santa Claus came from Finland...read it in the airplane magazine.)
  • What happened to Saturday... i left my house in New Jersey at 2:30 PM on Friday, and now its Sunday Morning, have you ever had that feeling before?
  • Remember my post "Driving in Delhi" (I linked to it just in case)....well, I experienced it 2AM style...not so bad at all, our driver only ran 3-4 red lights. (I think at night in Delhi, all the lights are red for some reason...not really sure though)

  • The weather rocks...the last time I was in Delhi, the heat and humidity was a painfully trying experience. This time, I stepped out of the airport to what felt like 50-55 degrees. For me, this weather is perfect. Of course, people in India don't agree. One of the traffic police was sporting the all-out ski mask, with gloves and a shawl. My dad said, "Looks like he's getting ready to go to war." The marble in all the buildings does make them a tad bit chilly, but I prefer this over the summer weather.

Anyways, in about 2 hours, I will hopefully make the last leg of my trip to Vrindavan, the drive on the Delhi - Agra highway. I am very very very excited, and I can't wait to get there. Since this is the last time I will have fast internet for a while, I will leave you with a picture of Krishna-Balaram, the main deities at the Krishna-Balaram Mandir in Vrindavan, who's darshan I will hopefully have this evening.


Radhe Radhe

Chaitanya

No comments: